Ear Trumpet Myrtle
Large-diaphragm condenser microphone with spring-suspended retro styling. Ideal for live vocal performance use, or single-micing small acoustic ensembles.
Myrtle has the most classic vintage styling of any of our mics, with a design pedigree straight from the 1930s. Her sound, however, is a wonder of modern acoustic design that thrives in current stage environments. She takes the warm, detailed sound and astonishing feedback rejection of Edwina, and adds a low end tuned for accurately capturing acoustic instruments from any distance. Her sweet spot extends from 6 inches out. And she has the low noise and natural clarity to work wonderfully in the studio as well.
- Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
- Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
- Integral silk and mesh pop filter, for effective control of plosives without loss of clarity
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components - film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.
We offer a lifetime warranty on defects or internal electrical failures in normal use. If a transistor goes noisy or an internal connection breaks we'll pay for shipping and fix or replace it for free. Obviously things like microphones can get broken by mishandling or misadventure; if your mic is damaged from rough handling or a hard touring life (we’ve seen it all!) we'll fix it for the cost of parts and shipping. We want these mics to be heirlooms, so we’ll always take care of you and your mic.