Ear Trumpet Edna
Visually striking retro-industrial styling combined with great, accurate, detailed sound.
She's a small diaphragm side-address condenser microphone in a lollipop style housing made from plumbing flanges and stainless steel bolts. Acoustically very accurate, with a full, even frequency response, a neutral, natural character and a very smooth high end. Because of her clarity and fast transient response she excels with acoustic instruments, especially guitar, but also violin, mandolin, and cello. She compares very well with any high-quality SDC.
Cardioid pickup pattern with great rejection of off-pattern sound makes for easy use in a live mix.
- Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
- Side address
- Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
- Integral silk and mesh pop filter, for effective control of plosives without loss of clarity
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components - film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.
“A sweet-voiced small-diaphragm condenser that sounds killer on acoustic guitar—airy, detailed, and warm. It performs far better than any number of rivals that cost far more— and don’t look half as amazing.” -Joe Gore