Edwina is a versatile large-diaphragm condenser microphone with great sound to match her distinctive but not dominating looks.
With meticulously tested, hand-wired electronic components, Edwina is designed specifically for feedback rejection in demanding live settings. Her smooth, detailed sound excels at all kinds of stage duties, from vocals to acoustic instruments to drum overheads, and also shines in the studio as a warm, accurate recording mic. She is optimized as a single-source mic, but with a sweet spot from one out to 18 inches, she does great capturing voice and instrument together for solo or even two performers.
- Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
- Side or end address, using pivoting bracket
- Capsule and electronics tuned for close to medium distance use on the most difficult stages with excellent feedback rejection
- Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
- Integral silk and mesh pop filter, for effective control of plosives without loss of clarity
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components - film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.
We offer a lifetime warranty on defects or internal electrical failures in normal use. If a transistor goes noisy or an internal connection breaks we'll pay for shipping and fix or replace it for free. Obviously things like microphones can get broken by mishandling or misadventure; if your mic is damaged from rough handling or a hard touring life (we’ve seen it all!) we'll fix it for the cost of parts and shipping. We want these mics to be heirlooms, so we’ll always take care of you and your mic.